This issue of the CAPacity Gazette focuses on strategies that boost transfer-level English completion for English learners who seek a college degree.
This edition includes…
- A research summary of placement policies and curricular structures associated with the highest transfer-level English completion rates for English learners
- A statewide scan of new courses and corequisites that support English learners to complete transfer-level English
- Spotlights on colleges with different versions of transfer-level English composition designated for English learners
- A window into an ESL course that earns humanities credit at both the CSU and UC
- Case studies of ESL students’ writing development as they move into and through transfer-level English classes